Tuesday, November 6, 2012

magnolia cowl

First project from the ISLAND collection:
z
Arbutus cowl in Madtosh DK
colorway: Magnolia Leaf
This scrumptious yarn was so easy to knit with, I couldn't resist snapping pre-blocking photos. 
See the squish!
The cowl looks like a triple loop but is knit in one piece using short rows. This was also my first time doing a cable cast-on. It was fun to learn a new technique.

The first time I saw this colorway I knew I had to have it, because the area around our new home is lined with magnolia trees. I wish I could capture the color better...
Happy Election Day!

2 comments:

  1. it's so beautiful, hannah! i love it! and i can practically feel it's squishy-ness across the screen. xoxoxo love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love it! I'm literally two repeats away from finishing mine :) CAN'T WAIT!

    ReplyDelete