Friday, December 28, 2012

Hexagons!

Hope everyone had a Happy Christmas. Ours had just enough excitement for our little family, and I am feeling more blessed than ever.

I have been feeling quite unmotivated on the knitting front, mainly because I was walloped with major finish-itis on my main project, Aidez. But after gritting my teeth I now only have to do the raglan decreases on the body, block and seam.

With the light somewhat visible at the end of the tunnel, I allowed myself to indulge in a new project. 
Hexagons: I love em. Don't have patience for this now ubiquitous lovely...I will just live vicariously through others.

These are my hexagons. Crochet ones, in Noro. I'm fashioning a cowl, kind of making it up as I go. Nice way to reunite with my hook.
aren't they pretty? I'm kind of obsessed. Just. one. more. and the like.
I had no patience to make this:

I'm doing them up in Noro yarn, which is woolly and textural and the colors can't be beat.
Img_0265_sm
I used the full tutorial for hexagons and connecting them together
by Lucy of Attic 24. I love her chatty style and of course gorgeous photos as usual.
gorgeous hexagons scarf utilizing the hexagon tutorial, by fanalaine, mentioned in a Ravelry thread. Her (prolific) projects are all so colorful and inspirational. Love. Them. 

1 comment:

  1. they are so lovely! and the crochet hooks up so fast! i can't wait to see what you do with the hexagons. i looove the noro! xoxo

    ReplyDelete