Monday, September 3, 2012

Aurora Cowl

The "Mallory Cowl" by Shannon of luvinthemommyhood is one of those classic patterns that you know you will be knitting again and again. It provides a great base for experimenting with yarn and since it calls for two strands of worsted I feel like the possibilities are endless! 
I've knit this before but in honor of her pattern becoming available on Knitpicks (congrats, girl!). I didn't have any Knitpicks yarn on hand so I knit this beauty up in Lion Brand Amazing, a wool acrylic blend with lots of fun color options.
Isn't it pretty?
My parents and brother's family were in town, which is why I had time to knit this. 
Everyone tried it on, including this guy:
I personally can attest to its squooshy fuzzy wonderfulness.


My mommy snatched it up and I think it looks pretty great on her. 
Happy Labor Day!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww....you're the best girl! How cute is your mom too!!! xoxox Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks beautiful!! i love the colours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW! Your mom and you are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete