Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Finished Object - Boneyard Shawl

This is the Boneyard Shawl
Pattern by Stephen West, knit in Patons Classic Wool 
Colorway: grey marl
This pattern was written originally for DK weight yarn but can really be knit in any weight. I chose worsted wool because I wanted to to try making a more substantial feeling shawl. Knit on 10.5 needles, this shawl has plenty of drape but is super, super warm and perfect for this transitional weather.
The pattern is simple but has enough extras to hold a knitter's interest. 
The stockinette body is broken up by garter ridges, which are reminiscent of "ribs". How cool is that?
It is a classic triangular shawl shape, which is not my favorite. 
If I knit it again I think I will add increases on the WS as well to make it more scarf-like.
I thought moving to L.A. meant I had to give up my cozy knits, but I didn't realize it would be downright freezing at times! I love this scarf and I highly recommend knitting it. 
It's my favorite kind of pattern, one that is simple but makes an impact.
Happy Weekend Everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. beautiful shawl! it's definitely on my queue... and now after seeing yours i hope to knit it soon!!! lovely. xoxoxo
    i find i wear my knits year round... the damp cold gets right to your bones... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful and it looks so cozy! I love Patons Classic Wool. It's just the right combination of squishy and sturdy.

    ReplyDelete