Thursday, August 23, 2012

Rosebud and more minnis

It is so nice to be able to knit a pattern using the yarn it was designed for. I have been coveting this hat pattern for quite some time and I can't believe it's finally mine! I love each and every one of Jared Flood's patterns and this is no exception. So well-written and a breeze to knit.
Rosebud by Jared Flood for Brooklyn Tweed
Yarn: Shelter in Colorway thistle
The yarn felt a little "crunchy" while I was knitting but it softened up nicely with blocking. I appreciate that the yarn has a little heft to it because it helps to maintain the integrity of the cable and the shape of the hat.

shmoosy cable goodness
love all the garter stitch. 
Reminder note for all those purl-haters out there, every other round is purled because it is knit in the round. Just sayin'.
me squealing with delight (on the inside) because I love.this.hat.so.much.
As anyone with more than one child knows, you often times have to buy two of everything. Especially in the case of flowery little slippers. So, here are the mini-mini's little slippers, in baby pink. 
Minni slippers in action!

1 comment: