Monday, October 1, 2012

greeny

Tried the "fish in paper" method for the first time...
my winging-it recipe:
1 lb. mild, firm fish like halibut or orange roughy
1 small or 1/2 large zucchini, thinly sliced
3 scallions
salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, ginger
sesame oil
soy sauce
Chop green onions and thinly slice zucchini (i used a mandolin).
place fish on parchment paper and season both sides with spices.
place green onions and zucchini on top.
drizzle soy sauce and sesame oil over the whole thing. 
Fold paper over to create a packet, then bake in preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes.
and that's all she wrote.
I got impatient waiting for my misdirected yarn so I cast on Aidez with Malabrigo Worsted. It's a bit loose, but with such a lofty yarn I prefer the feel of it. I started with the sleeves, copycatting Kelly, and it's going swimmingly. My first experience with a seeded.horseshoe.cable. what?
my little miss.

littler miss.

2 comments:

  1. first of all, you're speedier than in am on this kal! eeks. ha. oh well,. i'll catch up eventually. and second. ... your kids are the cutest! it does look pretty warm, though hopefully before too long you'll be wrapping up in your malabrigo. i can't believe a whole sweater in that gorgeous squish fest! so awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! How did I miss this link up? Glad you were able to join the party with your Mal. It's so great to see coloured version's of this pattern too.

    ReplyDelete