Tuesday, October 9, 2012

KCWC - Days 1 and 2

Last week our little family was hit by a bug. 
I didn't really do anything craft-wise, including signing up for the KCWC (Kids Clothes Week Challenge) hosted by Elsie Marley on her cool blog
Whether I'm officially able to participate or not, I'm going to try to sew for at least an hour a day this week. 
Last night, I finally unpacked my sewing machine and was devastated to see that it had broken during the move! Sigh. It's still usable, but the perfectionist in me hates too see Janomey looking so beat up...
I managed to cut out this pattern:
The pattern is by dear friend Shannon Cook. As soon as I saw this pattern, even before she released it, I knew I had to make it for my girls. 
Noelle's is up first:
Main fabric: Jay McCarroll's Habitat Singing Forest
Lining: Pindot cotton from my stash.
I'm excited to be sewing again! We'll see how much I manage to get done today. 
Some yummyness for you:
Made kimchi...
 tried out my first cast-iron pan with delicious results...
and semi-yarn-bombed the playground with the littles. 
Nothing aids a cold like playing with yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment